Main Line Mothers of Multiples supports not only its own members but reaches out to charitable organizations as well, particularly those near and dear to us as mothers of multiples.
In the past year, our members have volunteered their time and energy to the following organizations:
- Reach Out & Read: This program provides children and their parents an age-appropriate book during pediatric check-ups in an effort to promote the importance of reading to children. Main Line MOMC donated 189 children’s books and 74 adult books for the Jefferson Family and Community Medicine Center in Philadelphia.
- Ronald McDonald House:
- Wish List – Main Line MOMC held monthly Collections to help supply the Ronald McDonald House with items from their wish list: coloring books & boxes of crayons, boxes of storage bags, candy, bath towels and wash cloths, adult puzzle books, DVDs, microwaveable popcorn sleeves, individually wrapped bags of chips, pretzels, cookies, and trail mix
- Guest Chef – Members traveled to the Ronald McDonald House on Front & Erie Streets in Philadelphia to serve dinner for 40 family members staying there while their children were in local hospitals.
- Stocking the Breakfast Kiosk – At the Chestnut Street Ronald McDonald House in Philadelphia, members stocked the breakfast kiosk that provides quick healthy breakfast items for approximately 40-50 parents. This outreach provides family members a chance to grab something to eat before heading off to visit their children in the hospital.
- Fundraising – Soda tabs, used cell phones, and ink/toner cartridges were collected throughout the club’s year and donated for the Ronald McDonald House fundraising.
- Family Lives On: This organization brings joy and comfort to grieving children, teens, and their families by helping them continue cherished traditions, once a year, until the children/teens turn 18. A donation was sent from the club to help them continue their mission.
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children: Each was given a donation to help supply their activity play/therapy rooms.